Monday, August 10, 2009

first day of school--kindergarten

Today we started homeschooling Aidan. It went remarkably well! I think I learned a lot as well. I felt like we rushed through this morning...I think I was really concerned with how to fit everything in and how long each subject would take. All and all, we were done in 1.5 hours, but we split that up a bit. I hope I will be a little more relaxed tomorrow! But we both had fun, and I even got to play with his playmobil castle with him a bit before Iona woke up. I'll post photos sometime soon...

I was disciplining ALL day though. I think both kids had time outs before 9 am. Iona melted down all day, though. She even took 2 naps. I finally determined she must be teething something awful...she was drooling MUCH more than usual and was very clingy and crabby. We go for her 15-month appointment this week, so I wonder if we'll discover more teeth by then, or maybe the beginnings of molars...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on a good first day... you got through it and still love each other. That's a good day. ;-)

    Seriously, it takes time to get into a rhythm that's right for your family. It's been different with each of my girls. And we still have days where it seems like it's one discipline issue after another. BUT... most days I love it. I love seeing their creativity and getting to be part of the learning process with them.

    ReplyDelete