We are STILL waiting for our homestudy to be completed. We started this in June! We thought it might be done in the next week or two, but we found out this week that some fingerprinting results we are waiting on will take an extra 4-6 weeks longer than we expected. So here's the new projected timeline:
- Finish homestudy by end of November (4-6 week wait + meeting with SW + review copy
- Homestudy signed off on at state level--done by Christmas (3 week wait at the moment)
- (Meanwhile, finish gathering, notarizing, and certifying dossier documents.)
- Homestudy submitted to USCIS by the beginning of January
- When we submit to USCIS, we plan to fill out the waiting child application for our agency, and because of the age and gender we are requesting, we are expecting an immediate referral.
- Also after USCIS is submitted, we will start filling out adoption grant applications.
- Dossier to China by beginning of March
- Travel possibly in June or July
All adoptions come with hiccups, delays, etc. For the most part, this latest hiccup has not been earth shattering (writing out the timeline was hard though!). Since we have been through this before, we know God is lining things up for us to get the little boy He has planned for us. It's hard to get too upset when we know how He has worked in the past. We're just trying to take one day at a time and stay close to the Word and to each other, watching and waiting.
We still have a bunch of Simply Love shirts left. You can see them here. I think the only size we have run out of is the women's medium, but the men's version is a nice alternative. I won't be ordering more until we can sell most of what we have in stock.
Please continue to pray for us: for our trust in the Lord to remain high, for our son to be cared for while he waits, and for few hiccups in the process.