Monday, August 10, 2009

exercise

So I'm back at it again. Early this year I started running and after two months I ran my first (and only) 5K. I came in second to last, but I finished. I had big plans to run a half-marathon by this time this year, but after the 5K I stopped. All forms of exercise. Done.

This summer I've dabbled a bit with walking and running, and thanks to my friend KP, I decided this week to start the Couch to 5K program. Don't know if I'll do another 5K this year, but at least it breaks down the running into manageable chunks.

So Saturday night I went for a 30-minute walk. Sunday night (it was a HOT one!) I did my first couch to 5K walk/run for 30 minutes. Then tonight I walked with a friend for an hour. The plan is to try to get out every night for a short time. If I set certain days to go work out, I always find an excuse. I hope this way I will actually do it most of the time.

My legs are SORE tonight. But it's really nice to get out of the house without kids...I usually listen to a talk or music on my iPod. It's a nice break. Hopefully I'll finally be able to lose the last of my Aidan baby weight.

Just watch, I'll do all of this and then we'll get pregnant again...

That would be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment