Sunday, July 5, 2009

My strong Iona

When we first picked up Iona from Ethiopia, we knew she was a strong little one. Very malnourished (11 lbs at 6 months old), but very strong. She was crawling, pulling up, and holding her own bottle. We thought we would be bringing home a little blob of a baby, but we had to babyproof immediately. By 9 months old she was walking. This last month she did some other amazing things--my little gingerbread baby.

Iona is now 1 week shy of 14 months old. This is what she did tonight.




I think I see a crib tent or some sleep sacks in our near future.

At least she's not doing this:

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! Iona is precious!!!

    Jonas gets into his fair share of climbing adventures these days. I've never had such an active child before. Truly, these days, I need eyes in the back of my head. Thankfully I have the three girls to help keep tabs on him as he cruises the house all day long. We have to keep all the exterior doors locked now because Jonas can open them up. We discovered this one day when he was standing out in the driveway before we figured out where he had gone to.

    ReplyDelete